Our more than 75 years of American-made experience and superior manufacturing technology results in the most reliable, durable, and high-quality products.
Our pipe fittings and handrail systems today can be found everywhere you look. From rocket launchpads and complexes to oil rigs, from Hollywood movie studios and modern amusement parks to the fixtures in your favorite retail stores, and from water treatment plants to powergen facilities around the globe.
Why? The reasons are simple:
- We have a handrail system to meet any application.
- Our slip-on fittings are cost effective, easy to install, and reusable.
- We are vertically integrated. Our design, casting, and manufacturing is under one roof.
- Aluminum-magnesium alloy is strong, corrosion resistant, and usable with any metal pipe.
- We have the ability to pursue innovative ideas in-house.
Quality at the Source
The Hollaender Mfg. Co. has brought together all the necessary resources under one roof to provide our customers with complete solutions for their handrail and structural pipe fitting needs. We maintain continuous control of the entire process from raw materials to a finished fitting, from drawing to fabricated system, from concept to completion - on through site support during installation and continuing over the life of the product.
Sand Cast Foundry
The foundry, a solely owned division of the Hollaender Manufacturing Co., is a state of the art aluminum casting operation. Relying on a computer regulated sand control system, automated casting equipment, and our metallurgical test capabilities, we provide our customers with a top of the line aluminum casting that meets the requirements of the United States Space Program for use on the handrail for the launch complexes.
Manufacturing and Finishing Operation
Hollaender relies upon a combination of time tested finishing techniques and high production CNC equipment to machine our fittings.
Our knowledgeable customer service staff is available to answer all your questions and provide you with the highest level of service. It is our intent to simplify your relationship with Hollaender and make acquiring the products you need as quick and efficient as possible.
Full Engineering Staff
Our engineering group is available to provide you with technical assistance, project bill of materials, building code compliance information, and application assistance at no charge. They are also experienced in large project management and can support your efforts during the submittal, scheduling, installation and final approval of our handrail and structural pipe fitting products.
Simply Better Fitting
Pete Hollaender created the first slip on fittings to help with his plumbing business in 1948. Hollaender's slip-on fittings are still practical, flexible and easy to use. With just a hacksaw for cutting pipe, a measuring tape for length, and a hex key to tighten and loosen the set screws, you're ready to install an entire handrail system. The slip-on design makes our handrail systems easily disassembled, reconfigured and reusable. The aluminum-magnesium alloy we use is unique in that it allows Hollaender fittings to be used with any type of metal pipe — even for heavy-duty applications. This cast alloy is strong, durable and corrosion resistant which makes it appropriate for petrochemical uses as well as military or agricultural applications which may need to withstand all weather conditions.
Hollaender Products are produced from only the highest quality materials and feature proprietary fasteners and design features.
Aluminum Alloy 535
- Most corrosive resistant aluminum casting alloy available today
- High strength as cast
- Bright, attractive burnished mill finish
- Conforms to ASTM B26 & B179
Proprietary Internal/External Reverse Knurl Cup Point Set Screw
- Knurl cup point design provides tremendous resistance to loosening due to heavy vibration
- Full contact of point greatly resists pull out and rotational slip
- Conforms to FF-S-200, ANSI/ASME B18.3 Type C/G
The Hollaender Advantage
- Speed of Installation - Studies have shown significant cost savings when compared to the cost of welded handrail and other structures
- Ease of installation - Only tools required are a saw, hex key and tape measure
- Flexibility - Cast fittings can be used with galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel and black iron pipe
- Reusability - Structures fabricated with Hollaender fittings can easily be disassembled and reconfigured
- Strength - Railing systems can be designed using standard Hollaender product s to meet any building code. Please refer to Technical Section of Catalog, www.hollaender.com or call our engineers
- Time Tested - Products are backed by over 50 years of experience
Hollaender features the World's best known brands
Inline design has become the benchmark for quality throughout the industry.
Offset design of heavier duty structural fittings allows multiple pieces of pipe to cross, minimizing number of cuts.
Heaviest duty line developed for the construction of rack systems.
Ideal for repairing broken welds on existing pipe structures.
Patented modular fitting system which easily allows for additions and changes to existing structures without having to entirely disassemble.
Applications Limited Only by the Imagination
Handrails & guardrails, playgrounds and carts, store fixtures, offshore petro/chemical, industrial plants, racking systems, warehouses, health & medical buildings, portable structures, recreational areas, amusement parks, film industry, government facilities & public works, displays, and much, much more.